Re: SMSC SIO10n268 Super I/O Linux support

On Fri, Feb 01, 2013 at 08:42:56PM +0530, Sreekanth W wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know whether the SMSC SIO10n268 Super I/O support exist in
> the Linux kernel? Does it need a Linux Kernel driver? OR does it work with
> the lm-sensors package?

Unless I am missing something, this chip does not have hardware monitoring
support, so there won't be a hardware monitoring driver for it.

> I'm able to detect the device with "sensors-detect" and "superiotool"
> utilities, also able to dump the device registers with "superiotool -d".
>
> How to configure a UART port connected to this Super IO device? Is there
> any other application/tool for this?

Per datasheet: "High Speed NS16C550 Compatible UARTs with Send/Receive
16-Byte FIFOs". It should behave like a standard UART port.
Do you have any indication that this is not the case ?

Thanks,
Guenter