Re: No such subfeature known when sensors -s

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 09:03:17PM +0100, Jean-Pierre Thibert wrote:
> [...]
> >>a 3 pins connected fan) called CHA_FAN3 on the motherboard
> >>Power Fan Speed :    N/A (this is a 3 pins connector. No connected
> >>fan) called PWR_FAN1 on the motherboard
> >>
> >>Vcore :    +1.328 V
> >>+ 12.00V :    +12.144 V
> >>+ 5.00V :    +5.136 V
> >>+ 3.30V :    +3.280 V
> >>
> >>lm-sensors has almost all the values but no fan speed.
> >>I don't know why I had the CPU_FAN2 for a short time and it disappeared.
> >>I can't understand what you suggest to have the value back. Could
> >I did not suggest anything.
> >
> >I found some information about the board. The chassis fans are connected to
> >memory mapped IO, so there is nothing we can do there. There are two CPU fans,
> >multiplexed to the SuperIO chip through GPIO pins. It _might be possible that
> >we can manually set those pins.
> >
> >Please send the output of the following commands:
> >	isadump -y -k 0x87,0x87 0x2e 0x2f
> >	isadump -y -k 0x87,0x87 0x2e 0x2f 8
> >	dmidecode
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Guenter
> >

> sudo isadump -y -k 0x87,0x87 0x2e 0x2f
>      0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f
> 00: ff ff 00 ff ff ff ff 0b ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 10: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff f8 ce 00 00 ff ff
> 20: c3 33 ff 00 5c 00 00 90 00 ff 60 04 81 00 00 01
> 30: e1 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 40: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 50: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 60: 02 90 00 00 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 70: 00 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 80: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 90: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> a0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> b0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> c0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> d0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> e0: 7f 7f ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> f0: 00 00 00 a4 ff 10 00 87 47 00 00 ff ff ff ff ff
>

> sudo isadump -y -k 0x87,0x87 0x2e 0x2f 8
>      0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f
> 00: ff ff 00 ff ff ff ff 08 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 10: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff f8 ce 00 00 ff ff
> 20: c3 33 ff 00 5c 00 00 90 00 ff 60 04 81 00 00 01
> 30: 01 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 40: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 50: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 60: 00 00 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 70: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 80: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 90: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> a0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> b0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> c0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> d0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> e0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> f0: f3 f3 00 ff 00 00 00 00 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff

I just noticed that you dropped the mailing list in your reply.
Please don't do that; others may need the information later on,
and I myself use it for searches.

I initially thought the above does not help, but it kind of makes sense.

You can try the following command sequence (at your own risk):

isaset -y -f 0x2e 0x87
isaset -y -f 0x2e 0x87
isaset -y 0x2e 0x2f 0x7 0x8
isaset -y 0x2e 0x2f 0xf0 0xb2
isaset -y 0x2e 0x2f 0xf1 0xb3

The 0xb3 in the last command should select CPUFANIN. Replace it with 0xf2 to
select CPUFANIN2.

You'll have to copy the commands into a file and execute it as shell script.

Do _not_ play with other settings of register 0xf0 or 0xf1. The information
in the ASRock tool suggests that one of the bits is used to control the DDR3
voltage.

Guenter