Re: Please reconsider SCH5514

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 11:17:55AM -0700, Norbert Schlenker wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Have you seen this: http://www.spinics.net/lists/lm-sensors/msg24621.html ?
> >
> > Without having full specifications it's hard to write a driver, and signing
> > a NDA goes against open source (Non Disclosure Agrement <> Open Source).
> >
> > Regards
> > Ian Dobson
>
> Thanks for the pointer.
>
> Email sent to Mark Hoffman asking if the driver was ever released.

I don't think so - I don't find one anywhere in the archives.

Key problem, though, is really the lack of a data sheet. Even if someone would
be able to get a data sheet under NDA, it might be impossible for that person
to publish a driver, since publishing register details (as one has to when
publishing a driver) would very likely violate the NDA.

Guenter