Re: ERROR: could not insert 'w83627ehf': Device or resource busy

On 14/03/2012 16:57, Guenter Roeck wrote:
First question is if the asus_atk0110 module detects your board. You
would see that with the "sensors" command, not with pwmconfig (the asus
driver does not support manual fan control, so pwmconfig will not work).

Second question is if you actually_need_  manual fan control. The
automatic fan control implemented in NCT6776F is pretty good, and it
should be enabled by default. Do you have any problems with it ?

If you do have problems with automatic fan control, the only remedy I
can see would be for someone to implement manual fan control in
asus_atk0110. Not sure if that is even possible, though.
The asus_atk0110 module is loaded.

We have exactly :

 $ /usr/bin/sensors
 coretemp-isa-0000
 Adapter: ISA adapter
 Physical id 0:  +36.0°C  (high = +82.0°C, crit = +102.0°C)
 Core 0:         +33.0°C  (high = +82.0°C, crit = +102.0°C)
 Core 1:         +32.0°C  (high = +82.0°C, crit = +102.0°C)

 $

I don't know if I *need* manual fan control, because I also have other important priority such as breathing, feeding and working :).

However, I know that my fan is currently spinning at its max speed H24, a thing that I find annoying, and I think other people also like to have a fine pwm script tuning their cpu fan. The noise is a problem, and I am frustrated to be unable to use my ventirad I bought in the order to run a silent computer with its full potential. This is very noisy and I know that I could run under much better conditions.

I am not sure what you are talking about when you invoke the automatic fan control of NCT6776F. Is it automatic in the linux kernel or in the motherboard, the bios code, or something else ?

David