Re: ERROR: could not insert 'w83627ehf': Device or resource busy

On 14/03/2012 16:23, Guenter Roeck wrote:
On Wed, 2012-03-14 at 10:23 -0400, David Kremer wrote:
On 14/03/2012 14:55, Guenter Roeck wrote:
Most likely

http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/FAQ/Chapter3#Mysensorshavestoppedworkinginkernel2.6.31

Thank you guenter.

However, there is no clear explanation of how to fix this.

Indeed, I load the linux module asus_atk0110 and ran again sensors-detect.

Hi David,

Question is not what happens if you ran sensors-detect again; that is
not the point and has nothing to do with the ability to load the module
or not.

Question is what you get when running the "sensors" command after

The script ended up saying that the following modules was needed :

Driver `w83627ehf':
    * ISA bus, address 0x290
      Chip `Nuvoton NCT6776F Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

Driver `coretemp':
    * Chip `Intel digital thermal sensor' (confidence: 9)

However, there is still no way to load w83627ehf as I read your link.

Did you get the acpi error message as described ?

If so, the link does provide the answer:

"If you want to restore the old behaviour (which might be dangerous)
add: "acpi_enforce_resources=lax" to the kernel cmdline when booting (or
add it in grub.conf to make this permanent)."

Just remember the "which might be dangerous". You might be better off
with asus_atk0100 if it works for you.

Guenter

I loaded the asus_atk0110 module into the kernel :

$ lsmod |grep atk
asus_atk0110           10131  0

However the interface is still using the coretemp linux module, so the pwm config says me :

/usr/sbin/pwmconfig: There are no pwm-capable sensor modules installed

I guess the only way to have my fancontrol working properly is to enforce the old way with the kernel command line.

How do you plan to fix the situation in future releases ?