Re: Clearing intrusion detection -- sensors(3) change or at least in the FAQ

Hi Jim,

Sorry for the late reply.

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:08:05 -0600, Jim Duchek wrote:
> Hi all.  I don't subscribe to this list so please CC any responses, thanks.
>
> I recently had to clear my CMOS and this appears to have triggered the
> intrusion detection on my motherboard.  I do like that it's not
> automatically cleared like other alarms, but no way to clear it in the
> BIOS, unfortunately, and I was unable to find anything in the lm_sensors
> documentation or via google to help either (I certainly may have missed
> it).  I dug around in the it87 module source and saw writing to the sysfs
> file would clear it, so problem solved (for me).  There probably ought to
> be an option in sensors(3) or at least a note in the FAQ about clearing the
> intrusion alarm, though I'm not familiar enough with the innards of the
> hwmon setup to do something properly generic myself.

We could indeed add an option to sensors(3), or even write a separate
binary solely dedicated to reporting intrusions and clearing alarms.
Opinion anyone?

Meanwhile I have added an entry in the FAQ to mention the current lack
of tool and the way to clear the intrusion alarm:
  http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/FAQ/Chapter3?version=19#HowdoIclearthechassisintrusionalarm

I have also created a ticket to track this issue:
  http://www.lm-sensors.org/ticket/2385

--
Jean Delvare