Clearing intrusion detection -- sensors(3) change or at least in the FAQ

Hi all.  I don't subscribe to this list so please CC any responses, thanks.

I recently had to clear my CMOS and this appears to have triggered the intrusion detection on my motherboard.  I do like that it's not automatically cleared like other alarms, but no way to clear it in the BIOS, unfortunately, and I was unable to find anything in the lm_sensors documentation or via google to help either (I certainly may have missed it).  I dug around in the it87 module source and saw writing to the sysfs file would clear it, so problem solved (for me).  There probably ought to be an option in sensors(3) or at least a note in the FAQ about clearing the intrusion alarm, though I'm not familiar enough with the innards of the hwmon setup to do something properly generic myself.

Thanks all!
Jim