Re: testing "w83627ehf" and "k10temp" on ASRock E350M1

On 2011-04-07 16:24, Jean Delvare wrote:
On Thu, 07 Apr 2011 13:11:44 +0400, Aleksej Serdjukov wrote:
Negative temperature are relatively common and usually mean that the
thermal sensor in question is missing (temperature monitoring channel
is unused.) Nothing to worry about, just ignore the reading. We will
only investigate if you have an evidence that the temperature value
should be reported correctly (the BIOS or another OS is reporting it.)

I've seen AUXTIN have values of -9.5, -9, -8.5 (changes with no restart needed).

So can I ignore it when choosing fan speed? Or see that it doesn't go to
the 90ÂC maximum?

In your specific case, the k10temp driver seems to report reasonable
values so there is no reason to ignore it.

Yesterday I watched the fan speed while compressing, and it switched from being auto-controlled (~4000-4300) to full-speed after temp1 shown 68ÂC (then compression ended). The temperatures went down quickly, but the fan speed seemed to never go below 4800 after that (unless I missed another heat-up).

Vcore:       +1.13 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +1.74 V)

Does this value increase if you put much load on the CPU? It's quite
different from the 1.304 V reported by UEFI.

Since I turned C6 on in UEFI, Vcore in sensors is about 0.5-0.6 V when idle (that is mentioned in a Russian review with a screenshot: <http://www.overclockers.ua/motherboard/amd-apu-zacate/).

CPUTIN and temp1 slowly increased (CPUTIN from 44-46 to 48-49, temp1
from 56 to 67-69).

69ÂC is dangerously close to the limits. Which is odd given the high
fan speed. Are you sure the case gets enough cooling from the outside /
can get the hot air evacuated properly?

So, is it dangerous with the table maximum for the APU being 90Â, and with the MSI E350IA-E45 auto mode starting the fan at 70 (same review, page 3)?

FWIW, in <http://patchwork.coreboot.org/patch/2687/> Scott wrote "The SIO is Nuvoton NCT5572D."