Re: RFC: nct6776f support in the w83627ehf and fan RPM signal de-bounce

Hi Ian,

On Sun, Mar 06, 2011 at 02:40:30PM -0500, Ian Dobson wrote:
[ ... ]

> I've put out a request to the other people I know of who are using your
> standalone driver (with my de-bounce patch) to test it and let me know how
> they get along.

Great!

> I'd rather wait abit with my de-bounce patch, I'd rather get the driver into
> .39 and then look at adding changes. You've done alot of work on this driver
> and it would be a shame if it doesn't make it into the next merge window.

That is not really a problem. If you submit it, I'll be happy to review it and
sign it off. I could theoretically just push the rest of the patches as well,
but I don't like to do that without someone else at having a look.
Not that I don't trust my code, but I know that I am not perfect, and something
might have slipped by. Better safe than sorry.

> I'll do a full code review tomorrow but as you've already covered the
> comments I've had I don't think I'll find anything new, you already have my
> tested-by:

Sounds good.

Thanks,
Guenter