Re: Sandy Bridge support?

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 23:26:03 +0000, DarkNovaNick@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I just tried doing "modprobe coretemp" and then when I did "sensors" it
> seemed to output correctly. I'm not sure why I didn't think of that --
> thanks. sensors-detect still does not suggest coretemp or any other modules
> to load though. Thanks,

The problem is that sensors-detect and coretemp don't agree on the
detection method. The coretemp driver now checks CPU flags, while
sensors-detect still uses the old method of checking the CPU model. And
list of supported CPU models hasn't been updated for quite a while.

Unfortunately, the kernel detection method seems difficult to implement
in user-space. One would have to mess with binary access
to /dev/cpu/*/cpuid, which may not even be available on all systems.

--
Jean Delvare