Re: Discrepancy between reported readings from different interfaces

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:43:47 -0400, Arun Raghavan wrote:
> > Arun, back to your immediate issue, you have two options, either
> > rebuild the coretemp driver with a shorter cache lifetime (replace HZ
> > with HZ/10 in function coretemp_update_device) or access the MSR
> > yourself from user-space (but then you lose all the power of
> > libsensors.)
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, I will try it. Is it known how frequently the sensors
> actually update the readings?

No, I have no idea, sorry. You'll have to either dig into the Intel
documentation (but I am not sure if they actually document this detail)
or get in touch with someone at Intel.

But it's certainly updated much more frequently than the driver
currently allows.

--
Jean Delvare