Re: Discrepancy between reported readings from different interfaces

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response and the links. I'm not sure I understand
exactly how to proceed or how to interpret your point about coretemp
being relative to Tjmax. I see the coretemp value increasing with
activity, implying the reading is greater the hotter it gets. If it
were a delta from Tjmax, I would expect it to decrease?
I also have thermometers probing across the heat sink and they seem to
match the coretemp readings at idle (of course, when the CPU heats up,
the package temperature is hotter than the heatsink probe detects).
Should I just trust the coretemp readings to a reasonable
approximation?

thanks!