Re: looking for help with W83795ADG

hi Jean,

The w83795 driver uses the same detection mechanism used in
sensors-detect. So if sensors-detect doesn't see your chip, I am not
surprised that the driver didn't either.

The full output of sensors-detect is needed to diagnose your problem
further. It could be that your SMBus controller isn't supported, or
maybe you are supposed to access the chip through IPMI.

IPMI is probably the key..

From the sensors-detect output:
"Warning: the required module ipmisensors is not currently installed
on your system. If it is built into the kernel then it's OK.
Otherwise, check http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices for
driver availability" (full ouput attached)

I did see the output before, but didn't really understand the implications (IPMI seems to be an alternative way of accessing the monitoring chips?)

The suggested ipmisensors driver however does not seem to be available, right?
(http://lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices says "(2004-12-12) Port to Linux 2.6 in progress by Yani Ioannou")

regards -

Karsten