Re: Driver for SMSC SCH5627 needed

Hi Rainer,

> I received the datasheet from SMSC but under NDA, so I can't share it.
> I'll check it against the currently supported chips to see if we have
> something compatible or fairly close. Give me a few days though...

Took a quick glance at the datasheet. This is a totally different
beast that is not even remotely compatible to anything we support thus
far AFAIK. It contains an embedded microcontroller (!) which handles
all the hwmon related tasks. The datasheet that I received doesn't
contain any information about the microcontroller other than a simple
block diagram. So at the moment it's absolutely a no go and even with
all the technical data we would have to start from scratch with a new
driver.

...Juerg