Re: Driver for SMSC SCH5627 needed

Hi Juerg,

Juerg Haefliger schrieb:
>> I have a board that has a SMSC SCH5627 chip on it. sensors detect report
>> "unknow chip SMSC 0xc601".
>> Where can I get a driver for this chip?
>>

> First we need a datasheet. Then we can figure out if we already have a
> driver that supports a similar device and could be easily extended. No
> datasheet usually means no driver.

I perfectly understand that. So we used our contacts to SMSC to ask them
for a chip documentation that is not under NDA. Didn't get an answer yet,
but still hoping.
> What board model/vendor is this? Dell machine?

The board is a D2984 board used in the ESPRIMO E5645 from Fujitsu
Technology
Solutions. Data sheet is here:
http://docs.ts.fujitsu.com/dl.aspx?id=4f300628-7547-44b6-ac82-172ebae232c1

Best regards
Rainer

--
Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Rainer Koenig
Project Manager Linux Clients

Fujitsu Technology Solutions
BÃrgermeister-Ullrich-Str. 100
86199 Augsburg
Germany

Telephone: +49-821-804-3321
Telefax:   +49-821-804-2131
Mail:      mailto:Rainer.Koenig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Internet         ts.fujtsu.com
Company Details  ts.fujitsu.com/imprint.html