Re: ATK0110 on older Asus board

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 9:19 PM, frollic nilsson <frollic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Luca Tettamanti <kronos.it@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Yeah, I got the cpu temp and fan RPMs displayed in BIOS.
>>
>> Nothing to enable the hwmon or "AI-something"?
>> What about the voltages? Do you see them? Is "Vcore" is spelled all upper case?

This might sound a strange question but in other case allowed me to
understand whether the ACPI interface was actually used by the BIOS or
not.

>> The resources are reserved even if the ATK0110 device itself is disabled, weird.
>> This looks like a BIOS bug to me: the device is explicitly disabled,
>> but ACPI still clams the ioports for the monitoring chip.
>> I'm not sure how to handle this mobo, but clearly it's safe to use
>> acpi_enforce_resources=lax and load the native driver.
>
> Well, tried the lax as well got the same "error"
>
> w83627ehf: Found W83627EHG chip at 0x290
> ACPI: I/O resource w83627ehf [0x295-0x296] conflicts with ACPI region
> HWRE [0x290-0x299]
> ACPI: This conflict may cause random problems and system instability
> ACPI: If an ACPI driver is available for this device, you should use
> it instead of the native driver

Yes, this is expected. The kernel still warns you that the situation
is potentially unsafe, but with "lax" checking it will allow you to
load the native driver.

Luca