asus atk0110 not working on Asus P5K-V

On 02/20/2010 05:45 PM, Otto wrote:
Hi,

At the moment my Linux server is running kernel 2.6.31-19 and using the
asus_atk0110 kernel module. As I discussed with Hans de Goede in Dutch
below, unfortunately the command `sensors` is only functioning on my
system when using the 'acpi_enforce_resources=lax' kernel option. Hans
advised me to send this email, because I have an Asus motherboard and
it's a bad idea to use both the acp_enforce_resources option and the
asus_atk0110 driver.

Cheers,
Otto

Hi Otto,

To be clear, iirc the problem is that although the asus_atk0110 driver loads
automatically, it does not work, and thus you need to specify
acpi_enforce_resources=lax and load the appropriate native drivers, correct?

I've changed the subject of this mail to reflect this, so that hopefully
it will get the attention of the right persons.

Regards,

Hans