Re: ATK0110 breaks keyboard and mouse on asus p7p55d - i5-750

Hello Luca,

by googling I found this discussion on the sensors-mailinglist
(so maybe some CC: are lost), and I observe the same problem (comments below)

>On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 7:03 PM,  <comsublant <at> gmx.net> wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 02:04:52PM +0100, Luca Tettamanti wrote:
>>> It's very strange since I had a tester that helped my with the very same
>>> board.
>>
>> This might be mistakable: this is a pure p7p55d, not -premium or
>> something.
>
> I have a report of a working "pro" board, shouldn't change much, at
> least as far as the ACPI interface is concerned.
>
>>> What kind of keyboard/mouse are you using? PS2 or USB?
>>
>> PS2
>>
>>> Can you access the machine remotely (ssh)? If so, please send me a
>>> dump of /proc/interrupts _after_ the keyboard becomes unresponsive.
>>
>> no remote access at the moment :(
>
> Ok, does it respond to the power button? A clean shutdown may help to
> preserve something interesting in the logs.
>
>>> Ok, the only difference between working and non-working is the
>>> atk0110 driver?
>>
>> yes
>>
>>> Locate atk_ec_present function in asus_atk0110.c; put a
>>>
>>> return 0;
>>> as first instruction; recompile and see if it still locks up the keyboard.
>>> Also enable HWMON_DEBUG_CHIP.
>>
>> done.
>> its not locking up anymore,
> [...]
>> its not changing though.
>
> This is expected, since the EC is responsible of updating the values.
> The behaviour that you describe seems to indicate a runaway interrupt
> (possibly from the EC).
> Please send me a copy of the DSDT (/sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT) and
> the output of lspci -vn
>
> thanks,
> Luca

in my situation: just a few minutes into a KDE session (doing nothing
extraordinary) first the mouse becomes unresponsive, and about 15 seconds
later also the keyboard (toggling num-lock does nothing). Both are connected
via PS. This has happened with 2.6.33-rc5 and rc6 as taken from the opensuse
repository. I was thinking that maybe the X-server is doing something wrong,
and for both kernels, I had renamed the module "nouveau.ko" to something else
(and also the libdrmnouveau files), and the error has not yet come back (but
I need more testing).
I don't know how this is related to the atk0110, but at least sensors-detect
finds some i2-c devices on the nvidia card (and can not do much with them).

My board is a P7P55D, and I also obtain these deep temperatures:

[...]
CPU Temperature: +32.5°C (high = +45.0°C, crit = +45.5°C)
 MB Temperature: +31.0°C (high = +45.0°C, crit = +46.0°C)
[...]

Is there a chance to change the "high" and "crit" values to something higher ?
Because the chassis fan is extremely loud ...

best regards,
Michael