Re: ATK0110 breaks keyboard and mouse on asus p7p55d - i5-750

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 12:43 AM,  <comsublant@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 03:05:16PM +0100, Luca Tettamanti wrote:
>> I have a report of a working P7P55D (plain) with BIOS 0711; the DSDT
>> of the working board is very different from yours. Can you try and
>> upgrade the BIOS?
>
> I upgraded the bios to 1207.
> First i was like "yay", but then again, this time after appr. 30
> minutes, same error again. Machine still runs, keyboard and mouse
> locked up.
> Made intense memory checks, checked my bios settings over and over.
> Disabling the atk0110 driver, it's stable.
> Other thing. The 30 minutes with enabled sensors, i noticed the cpu
> temp was way too low, like 20 degrees C. In the bios hw monitor this
> is usually around 45 degrees Celsius.
> Is that something i have to set like for those old lm78/wd* chips?

No, the conversion/scaling is done by the ACPI interface.
I really don't know what's going on here... do you have Windows
installed? If so, does Asus monitoring app work?
At this point the only advice I can give you is to avoid asus_atk0110
driver and use the native one.

Luca