Re: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P - VID Zero value

Hi Adam,

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 09:20:37 +1000, Adam Nielsen wrote:
> > Here's a standalone driver for you to try:
> > http://khali.linux-fr.org/devel/misc/it87/
> >
> > Build with "make", then as root, "rmmod it87&&  insmod it87.ko".
>
> Works fine!  The "cpu0_vid" and "vrm" files disappear from the it87 sysfs
> directory, and 'sensors' no longer reports a value for the VID.  There is a
> log message telling me in3 is VCC (+5V), but no log message to tell me the VID
> is disabled.  Not sure if that's worth including, in case somebody is trying
> to figure out why their it87 behaves differently to someone else's.

I have been considering it. In general drivers should be quiet when
everything works fine. But indeed this is a change in behavior, which
might be worth underlining in the log. I'll add a message.

> Everything else seems to work as before.

Great, thanks for testing and reporting!

--
Jean Delvare