Re: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P - VID Zero value

Quoting Jean Delvare <khali@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

First of all, the upper 2 bits are irrelevant as only 6 GPIO3 pins have
been setup. So the value would be 0x0f. Secondly, decoding VID values
is somewhat more complex than that. You can look at
drivers/hwmon/hwmon-vid.c in the kernel source tree [1], or look on the
Intel developer web site for the VRM/VRD specification which applied to
your CPU model.

For VRM/VRD 11.0, which your CPU seems to use, 0x0f translates to
1.519 V, which is definitely not correct. This leads me to the
conclusion that this isn't a valid VID value.

Basically, we want to know:

* What are pins 13-14 and 16-19 of the IT8716F connected to on your
  motherboard: CPU VID or something else.
* If CPU VID, what's the trick (chip configuration steps) to get the
  correct value?

What I need is someone who can build kernel modules. It is possible
that xen will get in our way, and Adam apparently knows more than you
do about building kernel modules, so I think I will ask for his help.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks Jean.

You're welcome. It doesn't look like we're progressing much though :/

Ah progress has many definitions. :)

--
Simon Wilson
www.simonandkate.net