Re: Creating alarm for fans

Hi Karl,

Please keep the list Cc'd.

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 23:05:38 -0500, Karl Schmidt wrote:
> Jean Delvare wrote:
>

> > This will dump all the device registers. I will then check against the
> > datasheet and see if I spot anything.
>
> I don't think this is a hardware problem - the readings make sense - where is it that the levels are
> compared to the set statements? This used to work on this computer until there was an upgrade to --
> I think version 3... Unless they are ignoring the set statements - thinking the chip will generate
> all alarms?

Alarms are computed by the chips in hardware. "sensors" merely reports
what the driver tells it to, and the driver in turn merely reports the
hardware state.

> I have a different machine - different sensors - same version of software and it works.
>
> I was trying things and listed out the working modules - if that might help:
>
> lsmod |grep dme
> dme1737                43168  0
> hwmon_vid               7296  2 dme1737,lm85
> i2c_core               27936  4 dme1737,eeprom,lm85,i2c_nforce2
>
> I tired loading different permutations of the modules - nothing seems to work.
>

> I tried purging the lm-sensors package and reinstalling... no joy?????

It is interesting that you have two full-featured hardware monitoring
chips in your system. I'm rather surprised, I admit.

I'll look at the dump you sent when I have a moment, but I have a lot
of work these days, so please be patient.

--
Jean Delvare