Gigabyte GA-945GCMX

David Hubbard wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Tom <siggma at trbailey.net> wrote:
>
>> I have a GA-945GCMX-S2 board that apparently uses the it8718F chip.
>>

>  I could be
> wrong, but this is the first request for a Gigabyte schematic. Give
> the company some time to think it over; they might want you to sign an
> NDA -- Greg Kroah-Hartman has more information on the legal setup for
> this: http://www.kroah.com/log/linux/free_drivers.html

Thanks for the encouragement. Back when I was less gray I used to fiddle
with C:\debug and poke around in 80286 BIOS code. I made a cool little
Bio Feedback gadget by copying and rewriting the game port adapter code,
then hooking my nifty little unregistered, non-integrating RVT
(Resistance Voltage Time domain) AD converter to a couple of nickels
soldered to wires. QBASIC provided a running graph and I was off to the
races. It would even pick up my heartbeat as it slowly shocked me with
12v. So, could one do the same in this situation,  or is a multi meg
bios too daunting a prospect for poking around these days. It's been a
long, long time for me (1992).

Since there are possible legal issues with contacting the MFG I'll wait
a spell and see what else comes up.
-Tom