fancontrol

Hi Sergio,

Sorry for the late answer, this one felt under the radar.

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 19:30:49 +0300, sergio wrote:
> >> force_load is function for initramfs-tools hook script...
> > That's kind of a misnomer, as it isn't forcing anything.
> May be, you can suggest the better name?
>  > It just load the driver early.
> Yes.

"load_early" would seem like a reasonable name then.

> > Also, to be truly useful for users, the possibility to use absolute
> > paths should be used by the pwmconfig script, by following and
> > resolving the device link of hwmon class devices before writing the
> > configuration file. Care to give it a try?
>
> I know. This fix is very simple and quick.
> Path mixing and pwmconfig is not so easy to fix.
> But not only paths should be reworked. Pid file is hardcoded.

Didn't seem to cause trouble to anyone so far.

> Egrep is deprecated.

Didn't know that. Replacing all instances of "egrep" with "grep -E"
should fix it, shouldn't it?

> Configuration file is not very simple.

It's both too simple from a syntax perspective, and too hard to read
and inflexible as a result, I agree :(

> Maybe it is the right
> time to rework whole fancontrol and pwmconfig. Or it will be better to
> save time for write new daemon. I can't find any suitable one of some
> which can be extended.

This is your time, feel free to spend it any way you like ;)

I've applied your patch, thanks for your contribution.

--
Jean Delvare