Does lm-sensors support chassis intrusion for Fintek f71882fg ?

Hi Michael,

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 08:08:04 -0500, Michael Hampton wrote:
> I'm also interested in chassis intrusion (not to mention having my
> Winbond W83667HG chip fully supported in hwmon.c; see my previous
> message to the list on that topic). I'd like to contribute, but I admit

I have reviewed the patch adding support for the W83667HG chip, and had
some objections. It's now up to the patch author to answer them and
submit a new patch...

> I'm better at coding a standard than designing one. What does this
> standard need to look like?

Basically, a new entry in Documentation/hwmon/sysfs-interface. An entry
in this file consists in:
* A file name, wisely chosen to fit in the rest of the interface, be
  non-ambiguous and allow for future extensions. I can't think of any
  obvious extension in the case of the chassis intrusion detection, but
  it doesn't hurt to think about it for a moment. For example, could
  there be chips with more than one chassis intrusion detection sensor?
* Possible values for that file, with their meaning.
* Whether this file can be written to, what should be written and what
  happens when you do.

Looking at how some drivers implemented it in the absence of a standard
(as far as I can see: adm9240, w83792d and w83793) may provide
interesting suggestions. Looking at other chips which support the
feature even though their driver doesn't yet may be useful as well.

I can add you to the Cc list of ticket #2370 if you want.

--
Jean Delvare