Wiki changes

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:20:16 -0800, Mark Nienberg wrote:
> Jean Delvare wrote:
>
> > I would love to do that, except that spambots would ruin the collection
> > faster than users would improve it. We've tried to open the wiki for
> > public edition in the past and that's what happened. Trac is simply not
> > meant for this.
> >
> > That being said, if someone comes up with a solution, that allows users
> > to contribute their configuration files while still preventing spambots
> > from ruining our wiki, I'm all ears.
>
> I agree that can be a problem. Maybe just a captcha system would be enough?
>
> http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/SpamFilter

Well, ideally what I would like to have is a bugzilla-like approach
where people can create their own account in exchange of a valid e-mail
address. This would let us track who changes what. And I am not aware
of any bugzilla system being affected by spam.

But if this is not possible, then any solution that will let anonymous
users contribute to the wiki while not making authenticated user lives
more complex and that is robust to spammers is fine with me.

At this point it's up to the trac system administrator to continue.
Axel, what can you offer?

--
Jean Delvare