Andigilog driver by George Joseph

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008, Hans de Goede wrote:

> Great, note that it is far easier to try this outside of an kernel tree. If
> you have a pre build distro kernel + headers, then just drop asc7621.c (which
> should be generated successfully by the patch) and the attached makefile in a
> dir.
>
> Then in that dir type "make" followed by "insmod asc7621.ko"

Many thanks, I'll do that. I don't use a pre build distro kernel, I
always install vanilla kernels from kernel.org and compile them for my
machine. So building an additional driver should not be a problem; you are
right, it is better to do this outside the kernel tree and ignore the
problem with the patch.

> If you use lm_sensors-3.0.x it will automatically work with any new drivers,
> per chip userspace support luckily is a thing of the past.

That is fine. I have still lm_sensors-2.10 from the Slackware distribution
I'm using; I'll immediately download the latest 3.0.x version.

  Regards
  Wolfgang