New Asus board and multiple sensors chips (W83667HG/W83791D/ADT7475)

Rudolf Marek ha scritto:
> Hello,

Hi Rudolf, good to read you.

> DHG chip is wired as follows:
>
> in0 is Vcore
> in1 is 12V
> in2 not used
> in3 is 3.3V
> in4 is 5V

Ok, maybe Stby +5V too?

> temp1 is MB temp
> fans are
> fan2 is cpu,
> fan5 is not, fan4 is not

Temp2 should be the CPU temp, fans1/fans4/fan5 should be cha1/cha2/cha3
headers. I have created a file listing all the things I know and I'm
able to manage with the w83627ehf driver. Take a look at:
http://www.absence.it/MIIF/sensors-output
http://www.absence.it/MIIF/w83667hg-report

> It measures:
> Cpu voltage, DDR voltage, SB 1.1V voltage SB 1.5V, CPU PLL voltage, NB
> 1.1V Dram VTT volrage, VTT CPU voltage,

Right, these are the voltages show by the external LCD, so it makes
sense to have these computed by another chip.

> So we need to find out what chip it is, because it measures a lot too.
>
> The NB temperature etc etc is measured by some chip at 0x40 it seems it
> also controls some fan temperature???

Don't know, since chassis1/2/3, CPU and Power Fan should be controlled
by the w83667hg while the opt1/2/3 should be controlled by another chip,
but can't say which one.

> Definitely what is the output of
>
> i2cdetect 0
> i2cdump 0 0x40
> i2cdump 0 0x38

Output attached!
You may also read these and previous attachments by brousing
http://www.absence.it/MIIF/

I have a question for you: are this probings harmless? Because I'm
starting to experience a strange issue, and maybe you guys can help me
to figure out why. But let me start from the beginning.
A few days ago, after many hours of uptime, the CPU temp (not the cores
one) suddenly jumped to 110?C. Obviously it was a false positive, but it
caused the sensors chip to push all my fans to the maximum speed and I
had to reboot the computer to "solve" the problem. The day after exactly
the same issue in the same way. Then reboot. The following day a really
weird thing happened: suddenly many of the sensors of the board were no
more available. Look at this screenshot I caught in that moment:
http://www.absence.it/MIIF/errors.jpg
But this time after the OS closed all its stuff nor a reboot neither a
reset made the computer boot again, so I had to press the power button.
  A few hours later I have found a guy owning the same board and sharing
almost the same issue that told me that this happens when running more
than one sensors monitoring utility at time. It sounded strange to me
but I was indeed running a couple of programs in those days (I've never
used to do so before). Infact the day after the pc had no problems at
all running just one monitoring tool as usual. However today, after
using i2cdump for this attachment, I rebooted the computer to run these
dumps on a newer kernel and that's the result:
http://www.absence.it/MIIF/wrong-dumps
The same thing again! I rebooted but didn't work and I had to cut the
power again. Have you got any idea about why this could happen? Is it an
hardware (temporary?) fault or is it a software one? Or is it caused by
any software? Above this the board has proven to be rock solid, so I
don't know what to think: is the board defective? Is it normal?

Thank you again
Marco