New Asus board and multiple sensors chips (W83667HG/W83791D/ADT7475)

Hans de Goede ha scritto:
> When manufacturers change a board chances are high they will change more
> then just the northbridge. That seems to be the case here, as the smbus
> probe for your board shows no sensors IC's attached.
 > If you really want to know how the additional headers are hooked up
 > you will need to go and look for hwmon IC's, and yes that means you
 > might need to take the cooler of the motherboard.

I gave a quick look at the motherboard, you are right (and I was wrong,
sorry).While the w83791d is clearly visible on the Maximus/Rampage Formula
(http://www.overclock3d.net/gfx/articles/2007/10/31181936232l.jpg) this
is not the case for the MIIF.
Unfortunately it's not that easy to remove the heatsink and it makes the
warranty void, but I have found some images of the "naked" board. I
modified them to show you the well know chips, but I need your help to
identify those unknown chips that might be hwmon IC. This is the picture:
http://i37.tinypic.com/29ofhmo.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/2m4rfqe.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/33e1vyr.jpg
I suspect them to be the iROG marked chips as I think this board is the
first Asus mounting such ICs and being capable of showing
temperatures/voltages/fan speeds on an external LCD, included with the
board. Again, unfortunately no other information is printed.

> Are they actually all
> monitored, maybe some of them will drive a fan but do not monitor it?
> How many fans does windows allow you to monitor?.

Both the BIOS and the Asus utility show the speed readings for every
header but at this time I'm using only 3 fan headers (+ the CPU header).
I'll give a try as soon as possible. However, as far as I know, no Asus
utility can control this fans and other software only recognizes the
winbond chip, but some regulations are still possibile in the BIOS. Is
there a way to find out through a bus scan what chips are they? What can
we do now? Should we try to contact Asus?

Thank you
Marco