D201GLY2 Ubuntu 7.10 fan control

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 08:37:44 +0800, Mini Stac wrote:
> I would like to get fan control working, but when running pwmconfig, I get
> the following message:
>
> Found the following devices:
>    hwmon0/device is w83627dhg
>
> Found the following PWM controls:
>    hwmon0/device/pwm1
> hwmon0/device/pwm1_enable stuck to 2
> Failed to set pwmhwmon0/device/pwm1 to full speed
> Something's wrong, check your fans!
>

> There is no fan control options that can be set in BIOS, however using
> Speefan under Windows I was able to control the Case fan speed although CPU
> fan speed is fixed.
> I installed lm-sensors v2.10.4 using Synaptic. Sensors shows fan speeds for
> both case and cpu. I tried reloading the driver with modprobe using
> reset/init but seems these parameters are not supported for this driver.

Which kernel version are you using?

Note that pwmconfig was improved a lot in lm-sensors 2.10.6, so you
could try this and see if it helps. This is a standalone script, so you
don't have to install anything to test it, just grab the lm-sensors
2.10.6 (or 3.0.1) source package [1], unpack it and run pwmconfig in
place.

[1] http://dl.lm-sensors.org/lm-sensors/releases/

--
Jean Delvare