PWM control on Asus P4C800-E Delux dosen't work for chassie fan

Hi Rudolf,

Le 29/12/2007, "Rudolf Marek" <r.marek at assembler.cz> a ?crit:
>If there is no correlation found, you may try changing the base PWM
>frequency. I don't recall if the driver supports it (imho w83627th F ?)

The W83627THF does DC fan control, not PWM, so there's no base frequency
to change. Not that it would have helped anyway, if the board is wired
for control then PWM=0 will stop the fan no matter the frequency.
Changing the frequency only changes the response curve.

What Pelle could try is to connect a fan to the 3rd fan header then run
pwmconfig again. But as you said, if is very frequent that only the CPU
fan can be controlled and not the case fans, so I wouldn't hold my
breath.

--
Jean Delvare