abituguru3 does not work with Abit IX38

David Bender wrote:
> Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede <at> hhs.nl> writes:
>
>> I'm afraid that the abituguru3 driver only supports reading sensors and
>> sensors settings, the pwm part is completely unsupported, not even
>> reading the settings is supported.
>
> I am willing to spend a few hours staring at assembly before I break down and
> buy their guru control panel.
>
> Is there anyway to read the microcode on the uguru uC?
>
> Perhaps looking at the BIOS code may help? I am sure there must be some routine
> for communicating with their uC in that code.

David,

The current abituguru and abituguru3 drivers both have been written by me after
other people ran the windows software under a debugger and stepped through the
relevant code. So I guess thats one possible way to proceed, don't ask me for
help there though, as said others (Louis Kruger in the case of the uguru3) were
so kind todo the grunt work, I merely turned there results into a usable driver.

I will of course be happy to extend said driver with your results, although you
might want to consider doing that yourself as I don't own an uguru3 motherboard.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans