abituguru3 does not work with Abit IX38

David Bender wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I am attempting to use abituguru3 with my Abit IX38 motherboard. Error message is
>
> abituguru3: error unknown motherboard ID: 001C. Please report this to the
> abituguru3 maintainer (see MAINTAINERS)
>
> Kernel version is 2.6.23-r5, gentoo sources.

This is already fixed in 2.6.24, patch attached for your pleasure.

> I understand later versions of abit boards may not be supported, but my CPU fan
> is spinning way faster than it should and drives me crazy. Any pointers or test
> programs would be appreciated.

I'm afraid that the abituguru3 driver only supports reading sensors and
sensors settings, the pwm part is completely unsupported, not even
reading the settings is supported.

However one can usually fully tune the fan settings in Abit's BIOS, and
if you can hear the fan I guess you're close enough to the machine to
get into its BIOS setup :)

Regards,

Hans