lm-sensors-3.0.0 patch for (gnome) sensors-applet available

Hi Hans,

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 10:52:01 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hans de Goede wrote:
> > While coordinating my work with the Fedora net-snmp maintainer I got
> > attended that upstream us already working on this:
> > http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=AE77C0A0A0DC9B49BAA800A119E82EA207CD5D83%40EDM-GOA-EXCC-1A.goa.ds.gov.ab.ca
> >

> > However the upstream work is a complete rewrite of the sensors code in
> > net-snmp, as I have no idea when that will be stable and I don't want to
> > completely break the development branch of Fedora (quite a few things
> > require net-snmp) I'll also be writing a patch against the current
> > stable net-snmp release, I already took a look and the code is quite
> > isolated, fixing this for the current stable net-snmp release should be
> > quite easy.
>
> Scrap that, upstream has finished lm_sensors-3.x support and the Fedora
> net-snmp maintainer has decided to backport the sensors infra changes +
> lm_sensors-3.x.x support to the current stable net-snmp, patch available here:
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/devel/net-snmp/net-snmp-5.4.1-sensors3.patch?rev=1.1

This is excellent news. One less project for us to take care of :)

> Shall I add this to the wiki? Its a bit intrusive.

You can always add a link to the patch for interested people. Then
every distribution will decide whether to apply it or not.

A less intrusive patch for net-snmp stable would also be nice to have,
but only if someone actually has the time to work on that (I don't.)

Thanks and congrats to the net-snmp and Fedora folks involved!

--
Jean Delvare