lm-sensors-3.0.0 patch for (gnome) sensors-applet available

Jean Delvare wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 22:14:47 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> A patch for compiling sensors-applet against lm_sensors-3.0.0 is now available
>> from: http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Download
>>
>> Note that this patch also adds support to the lm_sensors-2.x code for reading
>> the low and high (sensors-applet speak for min and max) values from libsensors
>> instead of using hardcoded defaults depending on the sensor type.
>>
>> This is thrown into the mix as the lm_sensors-3x support patch is incremental
>> to the min/max reading patch for the 2.x code.
>>
>> Both patches have been send upstream.
>
> Great, thanks for doing this!
>
> So, are you done with your porting work? If so, and if you didn't find
> any problem with the new libsensors API, is there any reason to delay
> the release of lm-sensors 3.0.0 any further?

I'm not done with my porting work, next on the list is net-snmp, which looks
easy to fix, I'll take a shot at it tomorrow. Then we also have an xfce applet
and kdelibs (although that might only depend on lm_sensors through net-snmp).

However judging from my experience sofar the API is fine, so I see no reason to
delay 3.0.0

Regards,

Hans