LM75: "ERROR: Can't get temperature data!"

Hi Michael,

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 18:45:06 -0600, Michael Brian Willis wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 22:51 +0100, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > Unrelated to your problem, but it seems to me that your clock is slightly off ;)
> Just slightly :) I just haven't set up my ntp server yet.
>
> > But this one does not! The attributes are in a subdirectory ("lm75")
> > instead of being directly in the device's directory. libsensors doesn't
> > expect this and fails. The lm75 driver in the vanilla kernel does NOT
> > do this, so I suspect that you're using a modified driver.
> I am using the LM75 driver that comes with the Denx embedded linux
> kernel. I found the place in the LM75 driver (drivers/hwmon/lm75.c)
> where it specifies the attributes to be placed in a separate folder:
>
> static const struct attribute_group lm75_group = {
>
> 	//don't put attritube files in a separate folder
> 	//.name  = "lm75",
> 	.attrs = lm75_attributes,
> };
>
> Commenting out the .name line fixes the problem and I can now read
> temperature data from the LM75.
>
> Thank you so much for all of your help! I'm very glad to get this issue
> resolved.

Glad to know. That's really weird from Denx to have done that, as it
breaks lm-sensors as you can see, and I fail to see what advantage
there can be to have the attributes in a subfolder anyway. Feel free to
complain loudly to them for wasting everybody's time.

--
Jean Delvare