LM75: "ERROR: Can't get temperature data!"

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 22:51 +0100, Jean Delvare wrote:
> Unrelated to your problem, but it seems to me that your clock is slightly off ;)
Just slightly :) I just haven't set up my ntp server yet.

> But this one does not! The attributes are in a subdirectory ("lm75")
> instead of being directly in the device's directory. libsensors doesn't
> expect this and fails. The lm75 driver in the vanilla kernel does NOT
> do this, so I suspect that you're using a modified driver.
I am using the LM75 driver that comes with the Denx embedded linux
kernel. I found the place in the LM75 driver (drivers/hwmon/lm75.c)
where it specifies the attributes to be placed in a separate folder:

static const struct attribute_group lm75_group = {

	//don't put attritube files in a separate folder
	//.name  = "lm75",
	.attrs = lm75_attributes,
};

Commenting out the .name line fixes the problem and I can now read
temperature data from the LM75.

Thank you so much for all of your help! I'm very glad to get this issue
resolved.

Regards,

Michael Willis
Applied Research Labs - University of Texas
willis <at> arlut . utexas . edu