Submitting motherboard-specific support? (w/ attached file)

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:53:31 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> > Hans, maybe your PHP friend expert (is that Romain copied in the Cc?)
> > would be interested in this general purpose registration module
> > stealing some methods from mailman?
> (...)
> Let me check if I understand you correctly, you want to have a registration
> module, for users to register themselves as trac user, which has some spam bot
> prevention methods, like sending a confirmation mail and maybe also such a
> picture with bad readable text? (which has a name I know, but not right now :)
>
> But wouldn't it be better to write such a thing in python and submit it for
> upstream trac inclusion? Has anyone already searched the web to see if such a
> thing exists?

I was about to suggest the very same. Trac really lacks this feature
and it would benefit to all communities using it if written in python
and integrated cleanly. I can't believe that we are the only community
being hurt by the spam in trac.

--
Jean Delvare