f71882fg suggestions

Krzysztof Helt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here are 3 suggestions to your f71882fg driver (I have no code to
> comment directly, but they should be easy to locate).
>
> 1. You should be an author in the MODULE_AUTHOR() macro.

Good point!

> 2. You should not set data.addr in f71882fg_find()
Wrong, I must do that, because after that I call f71882fg_read8(data, ...)
and 71882fg_read8 needs addr to be set, notice that I'm operating on a
temporary data struct on the stack here, which is used only to call
f71882fg_read8, to read the config register and see if the hwmon is enabled.

> 3. I wonder why you add all these sysfs entries one by one (in
> loops) instead of creating a group and add them with one function
> call (see the asb100 driver). You need to create 3 groups, one
> for each loop.

I do it this way because I have an array of attributes, not an array of
attribute addresses as the group register function expects. Walking my array
with a loop is easier then then first creating an array of addresses (with a
loop, or handfilling it, which is even worse) and then calling the group
register function.

Now if there would be a group register function which I can pass the address of
a set of attr, the offsets between all the attr (one needs to specify the
offset ebcause we use sensor_attr not sysfs_attr which is larger) and the no of
attr, then that would be great.

Regards,

Hans