Proposal /sys/bus/class/hwmon/hwmon#/device/foo#_label

Jean Delvare wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> You're speaking as if the motherboard config file database and its
> sensors-detect integration are never going to happen. I certainly hope
> they will, and this makes your point pretty moot IMHO. Ultimately, we
> want a configuration file for every motherboard, and we want it to be
> selected automatically based on DMI information. With this in place,
> appending the ID to the chip name doesn't buy us anything.

Actually my students have posted a working version of this already. What we
really need right now is for someone to take a good look at that!

Especially at the sensors-detect modifications. I'm afraid I'm not much use
there as I don't speak much perl.

Regards,

Hans