Proposal /sys/bus/class/hwmon/hwmon#/device/foo#_label

Hans-J?rgen Koch wrote:
> Am Sonntag 08 April 2007 15:51 schrieb Hans de Goede:
>
>> The abituguru3 has a register which contains a motherboard ID. The current
>> driver uses this ID, to look up info about the motherboard in a somewhat
>> lenght table in the driver.
>
> Can you elaborate your design decision a bit? My first idea would be to have
> a sysfs file that delivers that motherboard ID and then do the lookup in
> user space.

As I don't want the abituguru3 driver to create entries in sysfs for sensors
which aren't there, and as without the table in the driver I cannot be sure
wether to create an in / temp / fan device for a given sensor address. Last but
not least doing things this way allows me to always give a proper reading
without userspace needing to "guess" any further nescesarry calculations to get
from the reading to an actual measurement.

Regards,

Hans