Fintek F71882 on MSI mainboard

Replying ,even though I'm not Hans ;)

> Hi Hans,
>

> Just been thinking a while about all these non-standard motherboards,
> and maybe it's time soon to implement something that enables lm-sensors
> to behave differently on different boards...
>

> One possibility could be to borrow some code from dmidecode to detect
> the make/model...

We're currently working on sensors-detect with DMI support. The
sensors-detect program is already almost completely functional and the
website is getting quite some shape as well.
If drivers need to have specific parameters for a specific motherboard, they
can be embeded in the configuration file and sensors-detect just passes them
through (if the config is indeed for the corresponding dmi-info, ofcourse)
Dunno if that's what you mean :)

> Another thing that this could be used for is to generate a known list of
> options that are needed for different mainboards, and maybe provide a
> list of modules for the motherboard instead of having to scan for sensors.
Done. If the motherboard is supported (IE: Config has been entered), the
modules will be loaded by sensors-detect without scanning.

You might want to check out some earlier messages on this list, like:
http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2007-May/019834.html
The school project for which we make this changes, is about to stop within a
week or so. I don't think I'll stop reading this list or stop improving the
script if needed, so if you want to add some "nice-to-haves", feel free to
add them to the code or suggest them to this mailing list.

Ivo Manca