Motherboard-specific configurations (sensors4mobo)

Hi Ed,

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:00:32 +0100, Ed Lucas wrote:
> I have also added a "tags" field in which you can add a fixed set of
> tags to describe the file: so far I have thought of "broken",
> "experimental" and "beta". Perhaps this goes some way towards emulating
> your "unsure" database flag, Ivo? I went for the name "tags" rather than
> "status" so that other info could be added with minimal api changes.
> This is more for my sensors overlay work, so feel free to disregard it
> if it doesn't fit your goals.

Random idea: we could add an architecture tag to configuration files.
There's no point in installing files for x86 motherboards on an x86_64
distribution for example. This would allow distributions to split the
configuration files to multiple packages and only includes the ones
they want.

--
Jean Delvare