Motherboard-specific configurations (sensors4mobo)

Hi Ivo, Ed,

Ed, please fix your Reply-To.

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 08:03:58 +0200, Ivo Manca wrote:
> We (three students from the Netherlands) are running quite a similar project
> right now: adding DMI support to sensors-detect, which tries to find a match
> with a local-database, then extracts the corresponding configuration. It
> sounds quite like the project you made.
>
> I don't have time to look into the software you made right now, but I will
> tonight. But it sounds like it is at least "very useful".
>
> I wonder what Jean (and ofcourse: everyone else) will think about it,

Jean didn't have enough time to look into one project, he hardly has
more time looking into two :( So I'll leave it up to you (Ivo and Ed)
and Hans to pick the best ideas and come up with one common solution. I
really don't think we want to have two or more projects doing the same
thing.

As Hans underlined earlier, getting the dynamic chips support in
libsensors first should address a number of problems.

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare