SMSC47m1 Error inserting and Not configured - will notuse errors

Jean, hi,-

> Do you see any hardware monitoring information in the BIOS setup
> screen?

Dmidecode tells me that
APM is supported
ACPI is supported

And yes, CPU thermal info and fan speed is listed in the BIOS setup screen.

> No, this particular SMSC chip can only do fan speed monitoring and
> control.

Thanks for clarifying that

> If a recent version of sensors-detect didn't find any other sensor
> device, indeed it looks like you can't monitor anything.
> You may try ACPI (kernel modules "fan" and "thermal") instead though.

Seems that I'm stuck with a rather 'outdated' piece of hardware and my
wishes are too far-fetched.

Thanks for all the information though!

Kind regards,

Jan van Tiggelen