About fancontrol: I could not control the CPU fan speed

Hi Christian,

The clarification of my problem is as follows.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Yongkui

On 11/10/06, Christian Mahr <christian.mahr.ulm at arcor.de> wrote:

> Hi Yongkui,
>
> sorry for my late answering - I was out for a few days.
>
> Since I do not have full insigight to neither the driver nor the internal
> connections of the board I need to guess. maybe the drivers author can give
> some more advice.
>
> Please see table 12 in your motherboard spec.
>
> It says Processor fan and fan 2 can be monitored. The LPC47M142-NC does
> not have more than 2 inputs to observe more fans. I guess you may see
> Processor fan speed on fan1_input and Fan2?s speed on fan2_input or vice
> versa.

I can only observe fan 1. It is the CPU fan.  sensors  will always report 0
RPM for fan2. so fan2 is not observable. And  pwmconfig program reported
fan1 is correlated to pwm1.

Please confirm.

> The LPC47M142-NC seem to have also only 2 pwm control outputs, pwm1 2nd 2.
>
> As to table 12 you should be able to control fan 1 and fan2/3 where fan 2
> and 3 receive the same voltage.
>
> So I gues you may be able to control Fan1 by pwm1 and Fan2/3 by pwm2 in
> manual mode - maybe vice versa.
>
> Please confirm if you can control both Fan1 and Fan2 independently by pwm1
> and pwm2 in manual mode.

I cannot control fan1 and fan2. I set pwm1 and pwm2 in manual mode, but the
fan speed  of fan1 is not affected at all.  Fan 2 is always  reported as 0
RPM by sensors program.

Table 12 clearly says that the processor fan is not controllable. So I am
> surprised that you can at least switch it by setting pwm1 to zero. This
> might be some extra logic or some extra pin which is just a on/off control.
> You need to study the data sheet and the driver to proceed here.
>
> My Suggestions:
>
> How many fans you want to control in total indendently?

I just want to control the CPU fan. that is fan1.

Maybe you change the CPU fan to MB-Fan2-pin because Fan2 is observable and
> controllable and use Fan1 or fan3 for a case fan?

I will first try other solutions than this one.

If you do so please be careful to observe the fan to run when the cpu heats