SVN/trac requests

Hi Axel,

> On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 07:10:22PM +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > > Axel Thimm wrote:
> > >   > Hm, I don't have a solution. First of all I wouldn't loop it through

> > Another option is to give the users a simple svn command to type to
> > retrieve just that file:
> >   svn export http://lm-sensors.org/svn/lm-sensors/trunk/prog/detect/sensors-detect
> >
> > However it is significantly less convenient, as the user might not have
> > svn installed. Or maybe we can install a simple CGI script on the web
> > server which would run this command and return the result to the
> > user? I can't seem to find an option to output the file to stdout
> > though, which we would need.
>
> If no native solution in svn/trac is found maybe the scripts doing the
> snapshots could extract this file w/ keywords and place it to a
> canonical place?

This would imply up to 24h of delay before the user can pick the new
version of the script. I'm OK with daily snapshots for the project
itself, but sensors-detect is a bit special in that it helps us
investigating user problems, and being able to update the script with
new data and tell the user to try the new version the minute after is
very convenient.

I wouldn't bother if the script wasn't run by root. I'd make the file
available on my server and I'd tell the users to pick it there. But
from a security point of view, that sucks. I really want people to get
a file from lm-sensors.org. And I want the file to come right out of
the Subversion repository, with no man in the middle.

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare