SVN/trac requests

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 02:05:02PM +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
> I have the two following requests with regards to lm-sensors' SVN/trac:
>
> 1* Can the "V-2-3-1" tag be renamed to "V2-3-1"?

Yes, the contents of "tags" is (for svn) just another folder, so just
as you rename conventional files/folders under svn you ranme this one,
too, e.g. "svn mv V-2-3-1 V2-3-1; svn ci ." in the tags folder should
be enough.

> 2* We often need to ask people to try the latest version of
> sensors-detect. For now we point them to:
> http://www.lm-sensors.org/browser/lm-sensors/trunk/prog/detect/sensors-detect?format=txt
>
> The problem is that this version of the SVN file doesn't have its
> keywords substituted, so the version string reads:
>   '$Revision$ ($Date$)'
> This might become a problem in the long run when users report with this
> version string, as we will be unable to tell what version of the file
> they have. So, is it possible to ask trac to provide the file with
> keywords substituted? I'm surprised this isn't the default...

Hm, I don't have a solution. First of all I wouldn't loop it through
trac, but use the direct svn URL instead, e.g.

http://lm-sensors.org/svn/lm-sensors/trunk/prog/detect/sensors-detect

But this has the same issue, so it doesn't solve the issue at hand.

I would guess that the keyword substitution happens at the client, and
svn/trac offer the raw contents only. :(
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net