Winbond W83627HF - deactivated

Albert wrote:
> Hi Rudolf
> On 06/07/06, Rudolf Marek <r.marek at sh.cvut.cz> wrote:
>> Maybe they just forgotten it to activate ....
>>
>> Enter configuration mode
>>
>> isaset -y -f 0x2e 0x87
> Data mismatch, wrote 0x87, read 0xff back.
>
>> isaset -y -f 0x2e 0x87
> Data mismatch, wrote 0x87, read 0xff back.
>
>> select logical device 0xb - hw monitor
>> isaset -y 0x2e 0x2f 0x07 0xb
> No issue here
>
>> select base addr: (assuming 0x290 is safe, check /proc/ioports and see if the
>> 0x290 - 0x29F is empty)
> The address ranges are open
>
>> isaset -y 0x2e 0x2f 0x61 0x90
>> isaset -y 0x2e 0x2f 0x60 0x2
> no issue here
>
>> activate it:
>> isaset -y 0x2e 0x2f 0x30 0x1
> no issue here
>
>> Leave configuration mode
>> isaset -y -f 0x2e 0xaa
> Data mismatch, wrote 0xaa, read 0xff back.
>
> Seems to me that it is not there at all.

This errors are normal. Ignore them.

> I'm sending an email to Ampro to find out what is going on here. I'll
> let you know as soon as I have more info from them.

Well this sequence just reprograms the chip. After that you should be able to
modprobe the module, and sensors-detect should find it active.

(unless I made some mistake)

Can you re-run the sequence, and run this:
isaset -y -f 0x2e 0x87
isaset -y -f 0x2e 0x87
isaset -y 0x2e 0x2f 0x07 0xb
isadump -y 0x2e 0x2f