better temp2 computation for asus CUSL2C

> > Actually my point was that there is probably nothing to correct.
>
> my BIOS does have such an idle loop, too.
> Temperature is increasing from about 35 degrees immidiately after
> entering BIOS up to 46 degrees met after a few minutes.
> Looking at sensors output while linux is idle, i get shown about 30
> degrees with sensors default computation line for asus CUSL.

So I'd say the compute line is correct and you don't need to change it.

> > We use the formula which gives the best result for the applicable
> > range of temperatures. There's little point in having a slighly more
> > simple equation if it gives less accurate results.
>
> But what's the mathematic principle behind this method (first
> to multiply with value, then to add another value)?

We simply try to reflect the physical reality. Given that this physical
reality is complex we limit ourselves to a linear interpolation in the
temperature range we are interested in. Usually this is good enough.

> Isn't the bottom line outcome the same if only adding fixed value
> instead of first to multiply and after that to add another value?

Sorry, there's not much I can do for you at this point. You seem to
lack the basics of linear algebra.

--
Jean Delvare